Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 12 5G smartphone with Snapdragon 4 Gen 2, 50 MP camera, Android 13, a 5000 mAh battery and an affordable price.
As expected, Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 12 5G smartphone, whose design follows the standards of the Note 12 range and features a 6.79-inch IPS LCD screen with FHD+ resolution and a 90Hz refresh rate .
The chipset is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 and variants with 4GB, 6GB or 8GB RAM and 128GB or 256GB internal storage are available, but users can expand the storage with a MicroSD card if needed.
As for the photographic sector, the Redmi 12 5G offers on the rear a 50 MP main camera with a 2 MP macro sensor, while for selfies we find an 8 MP lens.
The smartphone has a 5G connection, dual-band WiFi (2.4 and 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, NFC for payments and infrared. Power is provided by a 5,000 mAh battery with support for 18 W fast charging. The smartphone runs Android 13 operating system with MIUI 14 user interfaces.
Technical specifications of the Redmi 12 5G
- 6.79 inch IPS LCD screen with Full HD+ resolution
- Punch hole display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 platform
- 4GB, 6GB or 8GB RAM
- 128GB or 256GB of internal storage
- Expandable storage with MicroSD card up to 1 TB
- 8MP front camera
- Three rear cameras: main lens with 50 MP sensor; Depth lens with 2 MP sensor
- 5G connection, 4G LTE, dual WiFi, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC, USB-C and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Side-mounted fingerprint reader
- IP53 certification
- 5,000 mAh battery with 18 W charging power
- Android 13 with MIUI 14
- Dimensions: 168.6 x 76.2 x 8.17mm
- Weight: 199 grams
price and availability
Launched in India, the Redmi 12 5G is available in Moonstone Sliver, Pastel Blue and Jade Black colors with the following price points:
- 4GB + 128GB – ₹11,999 (approx. 133 euros)
- 6GB + 128GB – ₹13,499 (about 149 euros)
- 8GB + 256GB – ₹15,499 (about 170 euros)