Nokia recently announced the availability of the Nokia C32a new low-end Android smartphone presented on February 25 and said to offer a decent photo section for less than 150 euros.
Compared to its predecessor, the Nokia C31, it returns to “human” dimensions (although the frames around the display are extremely thick) and offers a 50-megapixel main camera for the first time in a C-series smartphone.
Nokia C32 arrives in Italy
As expected at the beginning Nokia C32 it is not an absolute novelty. It is in fact a smartphone announced on February 25 accompanied by two other low-end models. Nokia G22 And Nokia C22.
Nokia C32 is the direct evolution of C31 started last September. From an aesthetic point of view, it offers more human dimensions compared to its predecessor thanks to the display reduced from 6.75 inches to 6.75 inches 6.5 inches (but retaining IPS LCD technology, HD+ resolution and 60Hz refresh rate) while preserving frames chubby (especially the chin) around him.
From a structural point of view, the smartphone gets a glass back (instead of plastic) and although Nokia claims it is splash-water and dust-resistant, it doesn’t have an IP certification. Record what is said HMD Global also presented at eye level with the new smartphones of the C series C32 offers one superior resistance to drop tests compared to the competition (although there are no further details on the tests performed).
Continue to the data sheet, Nokia C32 It’s molded around a modest SoC Unisoc To 22 AD with octa-core CPU and GPU PowerVR IMG8322flanked by 3 or 4GB RAM (expandable via virtual memory another 3 GB) and from 64GB Storage space (slow storage, eMMC 5.1). Nothing special, neither the rest of the specifications, both in terms of connectivity and in terms of audio (which is mono even if we find the 3.5mm audio jack).
Where Nokia C32 Depending on the price range in which it is offered, the photographic sector wants to have a say. It is true that compared to its predecessor it does without a sensor (useless) and offers a compartment double instead of triple; however, the main sensor off 50 megapixels could have a say with autofocus. In support we find out a macro sensor 2 megapixels. At the front, in a drop notch, we find out a camera 8 megapixels.
A generous battery completes the package 5000mAh (only charges at 10W), which in combination with the quite mediocre SoC and the operating system that should guarantee an experience very close to the “standard” experience of Android 13 up to 3 days usage with a single charge (also using the function Super battery saverbe able to extend the autonomy further).
Complete technical data sheet
Below is the full technical sheet of the new one Nokia C32.
- Dimensions: 164.6 X 75.9 X 8.6mm
- Weight: 199.4 grams
- Materials: Glass (front and back), plastic (side frame)
- Advertisement: IPS LCD out of 6.5 inch HD+ (720 x 1600 pixels, in 20:9) with refresh rate at 60Hz
- SoCs: Unisoc SC9863A1 (22 nm) with octa-core CPU and GPU PowerVR IMG8322
- RAM: 3 or 4GB (with additional 3 GB of virtual RAM)
- Storage room: 64GB (eMMC 5.1), expandable via microSD card (up to 256GB)
- Backup camera: Double with LED flash
- main sensor off 50MP with AF
- macro sensor off 2MP
- video recording until 1080p To 30fps
- Front camera: sensor off 8MP
- Audio: Mono (single speaker), 3.5mm audio jack
- Mobile networks: 4G/3G/2G
- Connectivity: wifi 4 (802.11 b/g/n, single band), Bluetooth 5.2 (A2DP), GPS, FM radio, USB Type-C 2.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, Vicinity, ambient light
- Fingerprint reader: side mounted
- Drums: lipo out of 5000mAh with wired charging support a 10W
- Operating system: Android 13 (guaranteed two years of quarterly updates)
Nokia C32 availability and prices
The new Nokia C32 is already available on the official website of the Finnish manufacturer, where it is offered in three colors, charcoal, autumn green And beach pinkand in two different storage configurations, offered at the following list prices:
- Construction 3+64GB at the price of 129.00 euros (however, at the time of writing it is “sold out” in this memory configuration)
- Construction 4+64GB at the price of 149.00 euros
Nokia continues to have a strong focus on low-end devices and all the improvements over its predecessor confirm the Finnish manufacturer’s commitment to the “democratization” of the technology. Although the device is not yet available on Amazon at the time of writing, it is highly likely that it will be available soon through the e-commerce giant and at major consumer electronics retailers.
You might also be interested in: Best Nokia smartphones: this month’s ranking and Best Android smartphones: this month’s ranking